Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gaddafi: a question

Regular readers (all six of them!) will know that this blog looks into many burning issues, particularly those missed by the mainstream.

The death of Gaddafi, who died horribly at the hands of a mob, leaves many unanswered questions. What does his death say about those who overthrew him? What prospects beckon for Libya and for the rest of the Middle East?

Amidst all of these issues a crucial question has been missed. What became of the late Colonel's famed team of female bodyguards? Were they by his side or did they desert the ship?

I'm glad I'm not the only one to pose this question...

Some facts are emerging, but most of them seemed to have vanished in a puff of smoke, speaking of which, whatever happened to Poonam Pandey?

Further reading here.

Post script:
An excellent article on the killing of Gadaffi was contributed by a reader, access it here.

5 comments:

Scrumps said...

I think you have more than 6 readers - maybe 8?! ;)

I think that's a very valid question. Regardless of what Gaddaffi stood for, his death was brutal and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Anonymous said...

well, I have you on google reader - which means to say that I read frequently; but generally don't leave a comment. So make it 9.

Jack Point said...

Srumps, Anon :)

santhoshi said...

I second Scrump!

Anonymous said...

A good articles from Hitch

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/fighting_words/2011/10/muammar_qaddafi_should_not_have_been_killed_but_sent_to_stand_tr.html